Lisa, the lovely and talented garden blogger from Get in the Garden nominated me for an honest scrap award and I am, well… HONESTLY honored! You must check out her blog… lots of great gardening information and she’s super nice. The idea of the award is for me to reveal 10 truths about myself that people wouldn’t learn from reading my blog. I then choose seven other bloggers to pass the award on to. So, off I go…
1. My gardening/artistic entrepreneurial tendencies came early in life. My next door neighbor (you know who you are) and I used to sneak around the neighborhood and cut the blooms off of our neighbors flowers then put them in Easter baskets in our basement refrigerator for the night. The next day we would go door to door and try to sell them back to the neighbors. Can you imagine???!!!! My business practices have since improved, I promise!
2. When I was little living in Mississippi, I slipped on a pile of butter bean shells while chasing my sisters’ pony and broke my arm.
3. I was the self-professed Mud Pie Queen as a child which could easily explain my love of gardening and ceramics as an adult.
4. The only F that I ever made in school was in Art Class. I think my teacher had higher expectations for me than I had for myself. She also threw a huge roll of tape at me once to get my attention. Loved her.
5. Had a close encounter of the God-kind when I was in high school and I’ve never been the same since.
6. I let my horse in the house a couple of times after school before my parents got home from work. I was curious to see what he thought of TV. I never got a definitive answer… yay or neigh. Get it…neigh? Sorry… can’t help it. I’ve have never tried to bring one of the horses in this house but I have thought about it.
7. I was in the garden deadheading when I went into labor with my daughter. The mid-wife lied. Natural was awful.
8. I almost blew myself up once with dynamite. One day gonna blog about that one.
9. Hid behind shelving at a local drug store from my father-in-law while I was having my passport photo taken because I wasn’t ready to spill the irresponsible beans that hubby and I were leaving the country, the farm, the kids… to see a concert. To my surprise and delight the plane didn’t crash, the kids and animals survived… and they maybe even missed us a little.
10. For the most part, I am the Cat that Swallowed the Canary everyday. I am so thankful to be alive and that I get to do what I love and sing my song in this life.
I nominate the following bloggers and will continue to add to the list:
Benga at BengaQuickPhotography
Stacey at Stacey M Designs
Ester at MamaAfrika
Tricia at Luminosity